|Out of all the places in the world, why Nicaragua?|
- It is very affordable to live there. Rent averages less than $300 a month there. We currently pay $1,529 a month.
- Flights are very affordable compared to most foreign countries. It only costs $385.00 per person one way.
- Food is very affordable with street food costing around $1 and groceries being just as low. We know we can afford to eat when we are hungry.
- Most Nicaraguans live well under poverty level–we see the issues there as opportunities to create solutions and improvements on the lives of the people. We want to have a very big impact on a large amount of people all over the world and we feel Nicaragua is a great place to start helping.
- It’s a beautiful country that hasn’t been discovered by many foreigners due to its previous government regulations. We like the idea of a new discovery.
- The country has simple rules on renewing visas. Every 90 days we will have to leave the country, however, we don’t have to come back to the United States. all we have to do is cross the nearest boarder of Costa Rica for less than a day to renew our Visa. The other countries we looked into were much more difficult to stay in the country for a long period of time.
- We want to become fluent in Spanish. Speaking the official language of the country is essential to us. We both studied Spanish in school, so we are confident that we will be able to comfortably converse with the locals within a few months through being immersed with the language.