Buy a bracelet, give school supplies & see the child you've impacted.
What’s up guys, we’re Quinn & Jonathon. In 2012 we left everything in California to create the social venture Life Out of the Box (LOOTB) in developing countries.
Here’s how it works:
1. You purchase a handmade LOOTB bracelet by our artisans in either Nicaragua or Guatemala from our online store www.lootb.com. Each bracelet is one-of-a-kind because it has a unique number stamped on the LOOTB leather tag.
2. This bracelet gives a child in need school supplies.
3. You actually get to see & learn about the child that you gave school supplies to through your purchase by either looking up your number on our LOOTB Gives site or through the personal email we send you after you make your order.
4. The more bracelets you buy, the more children you give school supplies to.
We are both very connected to education and believe that it’s the best place to start in helping developing countries. It’s the root of where change can start–where kids can learn and develop their own skills to improve their country’s economy, help their families and go on to teach the next generation. Our goal is to give kids the tools they need to educate themselves, live their own Life Out of the Box and pursue their biggest dreams. So far we’ve given to thousands of children throughout Central America.
As we travel around the world to various countries looking for new handmade products to develop with local artisans, we continue to work with various non-profit organizations to find out how we can further make the biggest difference in each community we work in. Overall, our journey has been quite the exciting adventure and we hope that you follow along with us in our pursuit of living Life Out of the Box. Below is a video of us creating Life Out of the Box in Central America:
Life Out of the Box has two main goals:
1. To inspire people to live their ideal life, go global and make their dreams come true by living Life Out of the Box
2. To give others in developing countries the same opportunity to live a better life by giving an educational product back to them for every product sold